This event is structured as a one-day summit followed by a two-day workshop. Topics include Islamic Banking, Finance, Fintech (Financial Technology) and Financial Inclusion; development of Islamic microfinance in West Africa; Takaful (Islamic Insurance), Sukuk and Islamic Capital Markets; and investment opportunities in Africa. The summit will be followed by an awards ceremony recognize individuals who demonstrate exceptional commitment to social responsibility and financial services that authentically adhere to Sharia (Islamic law). Islamic finance refers to financial services that comply with Sharia principles, such as: B. the ban on charging interest.
Background information on the organiser: Established in 2005, the AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking and Economics offers services including “Advice and Advice, Research and Development, Education and Capacity Building, Sharia Advice, and Publications and Events”.
For more information you can send info by email[at]alhudacibe.com, call the company’s UAE office on +971 4818 7280 or Pakistan office on +92 42 35290453.
Cost: Registration fee is $195 for the March 23 Summit or $295 for the two-day post-summit workshop. Discounts are available for groups of five or more people from the same organization and for those attending the full three days of the program.
By Sheen Gupta, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
African Islamic Finance Summit website
More event information from MicroCapital
Did you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor Newspaper every month? Learn more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Islamic Microfinance Forum; 12-14 December 2021; Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa Tech Summit; 23-24 February 2022; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Africa SACCOs Week; 25-27 Apr 2022; Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Invest in Africa Summit; African Trade and Investment Convention; 1st-2nd July 2022; Amsterdam, Netherlands – NEW DATES
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific; March 29 – April 1, 2022; Sydney, Australia